Turin, Italy – Concealed inside of the heart of Mirafiori is the historic Fiat output plant, FCA Heritage. The department that discounts with conversation and promotions of FCAs pursuits on the record of the Group’s models, started the Heritage Hub exhibition.
Located in the authentic building created in the mid-1960s to residence mechanical workshops dedicated to the output of transmission pieces, the exhibition covers 15,000 m2 of place showcasing about 250 autos produced by the Fiat, Lancia and Abarth manufacturers, some of them by no means noticed in public before. And rely on me, there are couple items that basically never left the R&D division.
Between all these automobiles, 64 are shown in 8 “transversal” concept locations, each and every of which contains eight types from different makes and durations:
- Small and Safe: homes a choice of designs that blended highest protection with minimum proportions. In this area you will uncover some early but initial automotive exploration for improved driving protection like the Fiat City Taxi (1968), a auto for public use with an abnormal asymmetrical lateral flank, and the ESV 1500 and ESV 2000 styles, each specifically developed to evaluate safety and resistance in the occasion of a collision. (rubber was however viewed as the ideal security in a collision).
- Epic Journeys: which celebrates cars and trucks that made renowned and unforgettable highway journeys like the ’77 London to Sydney epic travel carried out by two gals onboard of a Fiat/Abarth 131 Diesel.
- The Rally Era: reserved for models that wrote glorious web pages in the annals of the earth of rallies. If you are a Rally enthusiast you could come across some really attention-grabbing automobiles like the Lancia 037, Delta S4, Fulvia HF 1600, the almighty Delta HF and even the legendary Stratos HF with the historical Alitalia Livery.
- Eco and Sustainable: Right here you will come across attention-grabbing idea experiments targeted on small intake or low emissions. Some illustrations are the 1999 Fiat Ecobasic equipped with an innovative a 1.2 diesel engine or the Fiat Panda Aria (“Air”) exhibiting off some fancy polycarbonate clear human body panels but geared up with a very successful and clean twin fuel (ethanol+hydrogen) 900cc 2 cylinder motor.
- Fashion Marks: reveals a series of “milestones” that remaining their visual mark on the heritage of motorcar structure.
- Archistars: 8 specialized masterpieces that introduced sizeable improvements in motorcar architecture, in conditions of functionality and manufacture like the Fiat 500 Topolino A made by Dante Giacosa to the 600 – the loved ones vehicle par excellence in the a long time of the Italian financial growth and up to the Fiat Panda and Uno, two of the most vital present day utility successes.
- Concepts and “fuoriserie”: exclusive sequence and extremely-uncommon versions, some one of a kind just one-offs, some utopian desires. This thematic island hence offers some very unique examples but two automobile definitively bought my interest: the Abarth 2400 Coupé Alemanno by Carlo Abarth (his quite personal automobile) and the treasured Lancia Flaminia Coupé Loraymo
- Information and Races: the famous racing autos with the most prestigious triumphs, file-breakers and heroes. Yes right here yet again Lancia still left its marks, on the Tarmac this time, with two Endurance race champions: the Lancia Beta Montecarlo Turbo and the LC2. One more vehicle that value mentioning is the Fiat Abarth 750 File that in ’56, on Monza circuit, established the record more than the 24-hour distance but also gathered other 5 documents in the next times on the 5,000 km, 5,000 miles and 10,000 km distance and 48 several hours and 72 several hours period.
Awesome time travel, no question! But a big question crop up now, can I pay a visit to this spot? Effectively not at the moment… We haven’t been educated about an specific date nevertheless, but there is a superior probability the museum will be open up to the community quickly and all the hidden goodness will be shared with all FCA brand names fanatics.
Terms and Images by Yaron Esposito